Yoga by Degrees Yoga Alliance 200 Hour Teacher Training – Information & Schedules
Training Led By: Meghan Rohde, E-RYT, Colleen LaConte, E-RYT, Heather Avery, E-RYT 500, Jenny Thiede, E-RYT, Kyle Sellers RYT
Free Information Session: August 13, 6pm in Elmhurst. Ask questions, get answers, learn more about the program, meet the facilitators and alumni. Advance sign up suggested but not mandatory. Sign up here!
2019 Fall Teacher Training Schedule:
- Every Tuesday in Elmhurst, 6pm – 9:30pm: September 3,10,17,24. October 1,8,15,22,29. November 5,12,19,26. December 3,10,17.
- Approximately every other Sunday in Downers Grove, 10am – 6pm: September 15,22,29. October 13,20,27. November 10,17. December 1,8,15.
- Community classes on two of the following dates (Times / Locations T.B.D.): January 3,4,5,11,12.
- Opening Meditation
- Pranayama – Breathing
- Asanas – Poses
- Teaching Skills
- Teaching In Small Groups
- Yoga For Special Groups
- Yoga Philosophy
- Koshas – Sheaths
- Gunas – Qualities of Nature
- Chakras – Energy Centers
- Ayurvedic Healing Techniques
- Yoga Ethics Business of Yoga
- Practical Test
- Written Test
- 5 Classes of Observing a YBD Teacher
- 10 Hours Elective Off Site Yoga Workshops
- 25 YBD Yoga Classes
- 10 Hours of YBD Workshops
- 12 Hour Anatomy Workshop
- Teach Two Community Classes
- CPR Training
- Monthly Homework Assignments
- Written Thesis
- YBD Yoga Teacher Training Manual
- T.K.V. Desikachar – “Heart of Yoga- Developing A Personal Practice”
- “The Key Muscles of Yoga” – Ray Long
- “Inside The Yoga Sutras: A Comprehensive Source Book For The Study & Practice of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras” – Jaganath Carrera
- “Light On Yoga” – B.K.S. Iyengar
Pricing, Plans, and Discounts
- $250 Deposit to reserve space (applied towards tuition). Class Size Limited To 20.
- Tuition – $3000 – Due at least three weeks prior to training start date (Includes Anatomy Training)
- 5 YBD Workshops – $20 each for Platinum Members, approximately $100
- Offsite Yoga Workshops – Approximately $350
- Book Costs – Approximately $100
Based on your individual situation, we can arrange a monthly or bi-weekly auto-payment plan. First payment due at least three weeks prior to training start date and last payment due at least three weeks prior to training end date.
- Platinum Members Receive A $250 Discount On Tuition. (i.e. Platinum Member Tuition Rate is $2750)
- Optional $59.50 Platinum Monthly Membership for 11 months during training (Reg. $119)
- Specialty Discount Drop In Rate: $22 per class
- 10 Class Packs: $160
In the event of cancellation, we will refund the total amount paid, minus the following cancellation fees:
- Before Classes Begin – $150
- After 1 Week – $250
- After 2 Weeks – $500
- After 3 Weeks – $750
- No Refunds After 3 Weeks From Start Date
Question about pricing or the program? View frequently asked questions
Space is limited to 20 Students; Stop by any Yoga by Degrees location or call for more info.
##### YBD Yoga Teacher Training Program Application #####
Please answer the following questions below and send your responses to Meghan@yogabydegrees.net Please note: A $50 non-refundable application fee* is required after submitting your application. Upon receiving your completed application, you will receive a confirmation email within 24-48 hours with a link to submit your application fee online. Once you have paid the fee, your application will become eligible for review and you will be notified of your acceptance status within 3 business days. *Your Application Fee will be applied towards your tuition or refunded back to you only, if for any reason, you are not accepted in to our program.
What session you are applying for:
Please limit your responses to 2 pages in total for all questions.
- How long have you been practicing yoga?
- Why do you do yoga?
- Why do you want to take a yoga teacher training?
- What do you want to do once you finish the training?
- Why did you choose the Yoga by Degrees teacher training program and how did you hear about it? (If somebody referred you, please let us know who.)
- What is the most important thing you want to learn during the training?
241 Rice Lake Square
Wheaton, IL 60189
4700 Gilbert Ave, Suite 16
Western Springs, IL 60558
1042 South York Rd
Elmhurst, IL 60126
54 Ogden Ave
Downers Grove, IL 60515
914 Roosevelt Rd
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
3420 Lacrosse Ln, Suite #110
Naperville, IL 60564