Dear Yoga by Degrees Students,
We miss you so much and cannot wait to practice with you in the studios again! As of June 26th, 2020, we have REOPENED all 6 studios for live classes now that the state enters phase 4!
As local and state governments lift their orders, we’ll carefully be following CDC guidelines for operation of the business. Our intention is to reopen with confidence and commitment to the highest standards of health and safety for our teams and students. All 6 of our area locations will reopen with modified schedules which are LIVE.
As we move to reopening PLEASE be attentive to your own health and the health of others. If you have underlying health conditions, do not feel well and/or are part of a high risk group, we ask that you do NOT attend in studio classes and instead take advantage of our VIRTUAL classes.
Yoga by Degrees is implementing intensified cleaning processes, temperature checks for staff and teachers, hand washing requirements, and disinfecting all high touch areas between classes. Here are the ground rules for those wishing to come in for in studio classes:
- Face Mask Etiquette: You are required to wear a face mask when entering/exiting the studios and while you’re in common areas. They are encouraged but optional during the class.
- Shoes Off: You are required to remove your shoes upon passing the threshold into the studio and leave them on the floor next to the benches. Do not place any footwear on the benches or in the lockers.
- Class Times: With the need to clean between classes, class times may be altered to allow for this. We will open the doors 15 min before each class and the studio will be closed 15 minutes after class. Please allow everyone from the preceding class to exit before entering.
- Social Distancing: We ask that while entering the studio and setting up your mats, etc., you maintain social distancing requirements. To assist with this, there may be staggered entry into the studio and mat spaces have been marked on the studio floors. Class sizes will be smaller to accommodate the minimum requirement of no more than 10 people per 500 sq feet and allow for 6ft social distancing. Hands on adjustments will not be offered by teachers.
- Wash Your Hands: Immediately upon removing your shoes, you can wash your hands in the bathroom. Also use the provided disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer.
- Check Yourself In: Reserve your spot using your Yoga By Degrees app to avoid contact. If you have a reservation you must attend class or cancel the reservation. No walk-ins will be permitted.
- Retail: is still available but can’t be tried on at this time.
- Bring your own Props: When you attend an in-studio class, we ask that you bring your own props. Prop kits available for purchase.
- Weights: Disposable gloves will be available if you will be using our weights. We will be thoroughly disinfecting weights after every Sculpt/Pilates class. Bring your own if possible or do your Sculpt/Pilates classes without weights.
- Towels, mats and water: Mat and towel rentals will not be available. Yogitoes and water will be available for purchase but we recommend bringing your own. There will be no access to Water Fountains.
- Less Potty Breaks, Please: Since we have toilets without lids, we are asking that you try your best to use the bathroom before coming in and plan to use your own bathroom after you have left.
- No Showers
- Be PROMPT: There is limited time for your class and transition time for cleaning. You may be denied access to your session if you are late.
- No Loitering: Both studio and lounge areas not available for social time. After your workout, you are asked to take the conversation outdoors so we can ensure we are able to efficiently clean and ventilate the space between sessions.
- 14 Day Cooling Off: If you have tested positive for COVID-19, had a household member test positive for COVID-19, you yourself or a household member has had to self isolate after being exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19, you absolutely cannot come into studio for any reason at all for a period of at least 14 days from your last negative test for COVID-19.
- No Intro week
-Click HERE For Virtual Class Schedule-You will need to create a MindBody login if you don’t already have one in order to sign up-You must sign up for Virtual Class at least 1 hour prior to the scheduled class start time-Approximately 30 minutes before your virtual class time you will receive an email with a link to join the live stream of your class day and time-Please be sure we have your correct email on file. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you are unsure-You will need to download the free Zoom App on your smartphone or go to (https://www.zoom.us/) on your computer to live stream these classes-Use the link you were sent to click in up to 15 minutes before your scheduled class time-Enjoy your virtual yoga experience!-To donate to our teachers during this time: https://clients. mindbodyonline.com/classic/ws? studioid=14973&stype=43&catid= 100000-Thank you for your continued support. We are thinking of all of you and are excited to connect with you in this new way! Continue to follow our social media platforms for updates and other online videos to watch anytime!
We will now offer our NEW Virtual Only Membership for students who are NOT current members and would like to continue taking class in our virtual studio.
The first 100 Virtual Members to sign up on or before July 1st will receive the membership for $39 (regularly $49)
Please make sure you are subscribed to our mailing lists and continue to follow us on social media platforms for updates, ways to create a home practice and more. Yoga is a constant, your practice is always with you. Continue to use it during this time to create calm and peace within and around you. Thank you for being a part of our community.
Be safe and be well and we will see you on your mat. Namaste.